The Vande Bharat Express is a prestigious semi-high speed intercity electric multiple unit (EMU) train service in India. The train was designed and built by the Integral Coach Factory (ICF) in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, as part of the “Make in India” initiative.
Here are some key features and facts about the Vande Bharat Express:
- High Speed: The Vande Bharat Express is designed to operate at speeds of up to 160 km/h (99 mph), making it one of the fastest trains in India.
- Aerodynamic Design: The train has a sleek and aerodynamically designed exterior, aimed at reducing air resistance and enhancing speed.
- Modern Amenities: Inside, the train features modern amenities such as onboard Wi-Fi, GPS-based passenger information systems, comfortable seating with reclining chairs, modular toilets with bio-vacuum systems, and automatic doors with sliding steps.
- Energy Efficient: The Vande Bharat Express is an electric train, which makes it environmentally friendly and more energy-efficient compared to diesel-powered trains.
- Improved Safety Features: The train is equipped with state-of-the-art safety features, including fire and smoke detection systems, CCTV cameras, and emergency braking systems.
- Make in India Initiative: The Vande Bharat Express is a symbol of India’s efforts to develop and manufacture high-quality, indigenous rail technology under the Make in India initiative.
- Routes: The Vande Bharat Express operates on various routes .
Overall, the Vande Bharat Express represents a significant leap in India’s railway technology, offering passengers a comfortable, fast, and modern travel experience.